As you will all know by now, I’m a fairly lazy girl and once I’m snuggled up in bed with my hubby and cat, you aren’t going to move me to carry out any form of skincare routine. With this in mind, I’ve had to create certain steps that I do in the bath/shower and then others that are easy to do in bed as I keep the products on my bedside table!!! That way I don’t have any excuses not to carry out my skincare routine!
Before I get in the bath / shower I cleanse my skin with Garnier Micellar Water to remove all of my makeup or just general grime and daytime products (if I’ve not been wearing makeup). In the shower I then re-cleanse my skin with my ‘clean sponge.’ I buy these when I’m in Paris but you can purchase them from their website (
Twice a week I use my Cleanlogic face and body scrubber (exfoliating pad) (£4.99 TK Maxx). As I am older (in my 40’s) with dryer skin I find that twice a week is enough for the gentle exfoliation part of my routine.
I tend to let my body dry as naturally as possible due to having eczema and so I add my body moisturiser at this point to lock in the Moisture from the shower.
This totally depends on my current favourite moisturiser and at the moment I am using EOS Berry Blossom and Aveeno Baby moisturising lotions.
When I jump into bed I have the following products on hand as I keep them on my nightstand:
- Bottle of water to take my vitamins and also I tend to drink a lot of water during the night!!!
- Face Serum: I’m currently loving Nip + Fab Kale Fix Protecting Shot (£24.95 Lookfantastic.com). I apply this first to lock in the goodness in my skin and so that my skin gets all of the benefits of the active ingredients. If you apply it after your moisturiser, most of the serum will sit on top of the thicker product and wont have any effect at all. It has a cocktail of essential vitamins, Kale Extract and protecting complexes, and the lightweight oil is a sheer serum texture that is instantly absorbed in to the skin.
- Eye Cream: My current favourite is the Alex Steinherr for Primark Beauty, Sleep Spa Every Night Eye Mask (£5.50 Primark). I apply a small pea size amount of eye cream around my eyes with my ring fingers. Not only are these fingers more gentle than the others but you can give yourself a mini massage which feels good too.
- Anti Wrinkle Moisturiser: I know what some of you are thinking but I started using an anti wrinkle nighttime moisturiser when I was in my late 20’s and I feel that it has really helped. I don’t have many wrinkles (a frown line on my forehead and a couple of fine lines around my eyes) but that’s about it and as I’m in my 40’s I don’t think that’s too bad!. It’s also not much more expensive than a regular night cream. Since I started using the Garnier Essentials Anti Wrinkle cream (£5.99 Superdrug) I haven’t changed as I absolutely love it. I do however mix it up sometimes and use my Nip + Fab Kale Fix Moisturiser (£19.95 lookfantastic.com) instead of the anti wrinkle cream as I looooove this moisturiser.
- Lip Cream. This is a fairly new one for me however as I am doing other skincare steps on a nightly basis then I feel that I shouldn’t skip this step. I use Blistex Intensive Moisturiser (£2.69 Boots.com) as it makes my lips feel lovely and soft the next morning.
- Hand Cream. As I’m getting older I also use a hand cream on my hands and forearms. I bought a new one at Duty Free in Mexico (Mumuso Hyaluronic Acid Hand Cream) Not only does it stop my hands from getting really dry but as they are moisturised they look younger too! Remember dry skin looks older!
It seems like a lot and at nighttime when I’m tired I definitely wouldn’t stand in the bathroom doing all of these steps however when I’m sat in bed with Gladys (my cat) on my knee, the bedtime Skincare routine doesn’t seem as arduous.
Let me know in the comments if you have any amazing bedtime skincare products that you like to use or if you have any great ideas to make our bedtime rituals that little bit easier.
As with all my blog posts this is my opinion and is not sponsored or paid by any brand.
Follow my blog for more tips and tutorials on makeup, hair and beauty. If you have any ideas on what you want me to write about or give tutorials on, please post a comment
If you liked this post, please share with friends and family on Social Media/email.
Thank you for reading 💋