One of the many things which I get asked is how to make makeup light, bright and pretty for shopping at the weekend or having lunch with our friends. We all want a slightly different look to the one which we wear for work or going out and it’s nice to look like we’ve made an effort without looking too done up.
For those times at weekend when we don’t want to be bothered but still want to look good, here is a makeup look that that takes less than 10 minutes.
- Firstly you want to use a light foundation. I like to use a BB Cream or mix a little moisturiser in with your current foundation to give a lighter coverage. I like to use the Zoeva Silk Finish Foundation Brush.
- Next apply a bit of concealer. I love YSL Touch Eclait for this because it is subtle and brightens the whole eye area. Apply a small amount on your dark circles (if you have them) and then in the inner and outer corners of the eye. Blend out well. Cover any blemishes with a good creamy moisturiser like Benefit Boi-ing.
- For a natural healthy glow, use Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks. Dab a bit on your finger then pat onto your cheeks. Your foundation brush is ideal to blend it. If you need more, just remember that its easier to add cream blush than take away so add sparingly in thin layers. For application, fingers are fine too, but I find that I end up wiping off as much I put on if I’m not gentle!
- To bring out your eyes without looking overly made up, choose a light eye shadow that compliments your eye colour. My current favourite is the Bobbi Brown Rosy Nudes Edition Palette. To quote Bobbi this palette is “packed with an array of rich and rosy nude shades perfect for creating sweet to sultry looks”. My tip is to brush on the colour with your brush upside down so that the majority of the colour is around your lash line. Use your brush to blend around the edges and up into the crease. Whatever is left on your brush, dab into the inner corner of your eye to make you look more bright and awake. Alternatively, you can also use your Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks.
- Apply 2 coats of Mascara. There is no need to go all out and full on, it should look soft and gentle. Keep your lashes light and feathery.
- Finally, don’t forget a splash of lip gloss to finish your look. My favourites which suits almost everyone are as above, Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks (I like Powder Pink) and MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink . Don’t forget to pop your gloss in your pocket to reapply during the day.
It’s as easy as that for your quick weekend look so that leaves you plenty of time to have fun.
To see the original images above or to see more natural makeup ideas, please take a look at my Pinterest Board – Natural Makeup
If you have any other useful tips that I can add to this post, please post a comment below or comment on this post on my Facebook page. All additions will be credited.
Follow this blog for more tips on makeup, hair and beauty, info and tutorials. If you have any ideas on what you want me to write about or give step by step tutorials on, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to check out my website – http://www.makeup-byclaire.co.uk.
Note: This blog post contains affiliate links from eBay. If you use them, I might be rewarded a small commission of the sale. You will not be charged extra. Please note that I only recommend products and tools that I personally use and love, and I always have my readers’ best interest at heart.