Hair & Makeup, Photography, Words and Styling: Claire Murray
For those times at weekend when we don’t want to be bothered but still want to look good, here is a makeup look that that takes less than ten minutes.
One of the many things which I get asked is how to make makeup light, bright and pretty for shopping at the weekend or having lunch with our friends in the summer months. We all want a slightly different look to the one which we wear for work or going out. It’s nice to look like we’ve made an effort without looking too done up.
- Firstly you want a light foundation. Use your favorite foundation mixed with a small amount of moisturiser, or if you haven’t tried it, you might like a BB Cream or Mac’s Studio Face & Body Foundation. It’s a fluid foundation that provides low-to-medium buildable coverage and a flawless, natural satin-shine finish. It is water-resistant and long-wearing and easy to apply either with your fingers, sponge or a blending brush.
- Next apply a bit of concealer. I love YSL Touch Éclat for this because it is subtle and brightens the whole eye area. Apply a bit over any dark circles (if you have them) and then in the inner and outer corners of the eye. Blend out well. Cover any blemishes with a creamy blendable concealer like Mac’s Pro Longwear.
- For a natural healthy glow, use a light blusher such as Mac Mineralize Blush in Petal Power. It is a sheer and lightweight powder which builds lightly without leaving a heavy coverage and is ideal to blend for a natural summer glow. Start applying the blush a tiny bit under the roundest part of your cheeks and blend up and out towards the top of your ear. You want a light, luminous shimmer rather than full on sculpting.
- To bring out your eyes without looking overly made up, choose a light eye shadow that compliments your eye colour. I love MAC’s Rice Paper, Vanilla or Mylar. Brush the shadow on with your brush upside down so that the majority of the colour is around your lash line. Use your brush to blend around the edges and up into the crease. Whatever is left on your brush, dab into the inner corner of your eye to make you look more bright and awake.
- Apply 2 coats of Extended Play Lash Mascara by MAC. There is no need to go all out and full on, it should look soft and gentle.
- To add a bit more definition to your eyes, apply a neutral colored pencil like Jane Iredale’s Eye Pencil in Black/Brown, into your lash line. No wings or heavy lines. Just define the top of your eye and bring the pencil slightly under your eye ½ way along.
- Don’t forget a splash of lip gloss to finish your look. My 2 favourites which suit almost everyone are MAC Plushglass in Ample Pink or Jane Iredale Puregloss in Pink Candy. Don’t forget to pop your gloss in your pocket to reapply during the day.
It’s as easy as that for your quick weekend look so that leaves you plenty of time to enjoy your weekend.
Keep reading for more info on how we pull shoots together, behind the scenes photos and post production information. If you have any ideas on what you want me to write about or give step by step tutorials on, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and sign up to my Newsletter at my website – http://www.makeup-byclaire.co.uk.